Dear Dhamma friends,
From time to time in the course of meditation practice, we might find that we get a bit stuck and are not quite sure how to continue, or we might feel confused about what we are experiencing. At such times it can be very useful to discuss our practice with another experienced meditator or a teacher. The questions below were asked by yogis in retreats that I have taught. You might wish to have a quick look at the titles below and see if you have wondered about any of these things.
I hope that something here might be helpful to you.
Ajahn Achalo Bhikkhu
1) - What is mindfulness?
2) - Is breath meditation samatha or vipassana?
3) - How can I relax and stop controlling the breath?
4) - When pain disturbs the peacefulness, should I change posture or investigate?
5) - How to go deeper when the breath seems to disappear and I feel anxious?
6) - When I see lights is my mind playing tricks?
7) - Why is my body trembling in meditation?
8) - Do I have jhana, should I try to get jhana?
9) - I felt serene and peaceful – but there was no joy?
10) - What does 'being without being' mean?'
11) - Sex organ more prominent in body contemplation HELP!
12) - Is the practice supposed to be stressful?
13) - What is the best way to reduce materialistic desire?
14) - How do I increase my faith in the Buddha and in things like other realms?
15) - How can I die a good death?
16) - Is seeing your mother as 'empty' sad?
17) - Is it bad kamma to eat meat?
18) - Why do people cheat on each other?… and why it would be better if they didn't.
19) - Is it true that performers will have to go to hell? Do I have to give up playing music?
Receive notifications when a new talk, guided meditation or other teachings are added.
The official ‘Ajahn Achalo Bhikkhu’ YouTube channel to share links with Dhamma friends
There is also another YouTube channel 'Peace Beyond Suffering'